Tuesday, 8 October 2013


Watch this interview to an English teacher and write your comments about the following:
  • What he says about the students' commitment with their learning process
  • The mistakes he mentions 
  • The things he enjoys the most in his classes 

8 comments:

  1. I think the student’s commitment he was speaking about are right. The learning process of a language is a long way, and it´s impossible without spending time on it.I have been a spanish language teacher as second language for two years, The used to spend five or six hours with me at class everyday, and I was a witness of the slowness of the process. Now, as an english student, I feel the same difficulty. So, I think I must spend more time on English.
    CMG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding the mistakes he mentions I´m of the opinion of we are human and everybody commits mistakes day by day. These cases are typical of a teacher: a misspelled word on the blackboard and a question that you don’t know the answer, and it´s very normal to feel embarrassed about it. However, in time you are getting more experience, you realize that you don´t need to be a superhero in front your students. In fact it could be a way to be humble, and it’s a good way for teaching others whatever.
    CMG

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing he enjoys the most is communicate with people. Also, when the students are laughing because he thinks they are learning. He enjoys the contact with them and he likes finding out about his students and letting them to found out about him… I think that is a nice answer and it´s means that he enjoys his work. Over all, to teach is a relationship with others. However, sometimes it´s no possible to create the atmosphere in which you get this kind of communication between teacher and students. There could be many reasons for that, but in my opinion one of the main reasons is that one: to meet people we need to be an easygoing and open mind person.
    CMG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, according to this video and answering the previous points, I have to say that the teacher thinks that students' commitment with learning a new lenguage is not only go to the school or an academy it's also practise outside listening to music or audios, doing homeworks, talking,.. That's improves their skills,considering that it's not enough go four hours a week to classes.Besides this, he says that in the same way as us he and all the teachers have mistakes, and he tell us some examples which are misspelled a word on the blackboard, don't know how to answer a question,... but he takes it well because it's normal, notwithstanding at first he is embarrased.To conclude he enjoys in his classes when the students are laughing because that means that they're learning, also he likes when he can talk with their pupils and have a conversation with them. In my opinion, he is completely right because we should study more, practise more,...fortunately I study english 12 hours a week in total (school, eoi) but I think that this is not enough, because we should do more things in english.
    PGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asking the questions, he told that people who wants to learn a foreing lenguage can't expect come to class and only in 4 hours a week progress as quickly as they want.
    He thinks it is not enough, that we should and need to do homework, extra exercises and practice as much as possible.
    I totally agree with him, but it is true that sometimes this is very difficult because of the time, in some cases people don't have enough time to do that, but they should try.
    Finally, moving to the last question, what he enjoys most in class is when students are laughing, because they are learning at the same time. Also the comunication with people, when the students find out about him and him find out about the students.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand that if you want learn English you need to try not only go to class 4 hours otherwise do more exercises and practise your Enligsh out of class. It's difficult but if you want learn a good English you need to do this advices.

    One of things that he enjoys is when the pupils laugh and they enjoy the class, when he can have a conversation with them and he see that they understand all

    ReplyDelete
  7. About what he says about the student’s commitment with their learnig language, I think it’s true. Indeed, a language needs a lot of practise. You can’t expect to learn a language with only four English class hours a week. If you don’t like study formally, you can learn in different ways. You can watch films o series in the original language to improve your listening and your speaking, you can listen to songs to learn more vocabulary and expresions. You also can speak outside with native speakers. There are places where you can have language exchanges.
    As for what he enjoys in his classes, I think each teacher would like their students to laugh because it’s right that you learn more having fun. He likes communicate with students and for me, it’s by far one of the most important thing to be a good teacher.
    Finally, it’s natural to make mistakes because teachers are humans too. Moreover, in my opinion, it’s good for students to see that teachers make mistakes as well because it’s important to remember that from mistakes you can learn a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It surprised me because he mentions that he was teaching in Gijon. I don't have tasted termites in Sudan or anywhere, I think that they are a good font of proteins but I prefer Fabada Asturiana taste.

    In my personal opinion, obviously, learning foreign language (or whatever) is a question of perseverance. I think that more practice generates more doubts, and this is the way to learn it. We have the problem that we don't live in a country where the foreign language that we are learning is the mother tongue, but, there are other ways to practise it.

    ReplyDelete